The primary fire button, or left mouse button, is used to throw the bean can grenade. However, the bean can grenade, being improvised, can be unreliable at times. Sometimes, the grenade will not explode, or it will explode with a long or short delay. The Beancan Grenade does fairly high damage up close, and will likely inflict the Bleeding effect on a player. It has a long, crude wick that enables it to be used without killing both the target and the player throwing it. The player also has the ability to pick up a bean can grenade, lit or unused, off of the ground and throw it again as wanted. However, this may not be the best idea during combat as a lit grenade may explode late, and the player trying to pick it up will be severely wounded or killed. Sometimes, the grenade will be a dud grenade and unusable. The bean can grenade is single-use, unless it is a dud, in which case it will not explode. There is a 50% chance dud re-ignites when picked up.
The right mouse button can be used to drop the bean can grenade rather than throw it. When facing a structure or door, right clicking will stick the bean can grenade to the door. This makes it slightly more effective rather than blindly throwing it at the door.
In able to craft the Beancan Grenade, you need the following ingredients:
- It takes 30 seconds to craft one Beancan Grenade.
- 70% chance bean can is predictable with a 3.5-4 second fuse.
- 15% chance to explode very shortly after throwing.
- 15% chance for an extra long fuse.
- 25% chance for a dud.
- 50% chance dud re-ignites when picked up.
- The following table compares commonly used explosive devices, in terms of the minimum amount required to destroy a given component