A fired Arrow has ~15% chance to break upon impact, destroying the Arrow in the process. If an arrow successfully deals damage to players, animals, structures or a doodads, it will become lodged in the target. A player is then able to retrieve the lodged arrow once 10 seconds have elapsed. An Arrow that hasn't dealt any damage can be retrieved immediately.
The parabolic trajectory of the arrow allows for the Hunting Bow to shoot Arrows vertically which return near where they were fired, for a game of "Arrow Roulette".
In able to craft the Hunting Bow, you need the following ingredients:
- It takes 30 seconds to craft one Hunting Bow.
All damage tests have been conducted against unarmoured and unclothed players using Wooden Arrows and are accurate as of Dev Blog 107.
The Hunting Bow will deal varied damage depending on the type of body part that has been hit:
- Non-significant body parts will generally take up to 25 - 30 damage.
- Major body parts will typically suffer up to 46 - 55 damage.
- Upper Arms
- A headshot will deal anywhere between 57 - 73, regardless of the angle of incidence.
- There are currently no skins available for the Hunting Bow.
- It takes 2.750 sec to reload an Arrow.
- Aim with the tip of the arrow